Sunday, September 24, 2006

Coffee break's over; back on your heads

Several months ago, a friend suggested it might not be a bad idea for me to blog less. I am not sure what he meant by that, seeing as that I was not blogging very much to begin with, but I tend to listen to friends because if you don't listen to them they cease to be friends, and when too many people cease to be friends you are going to be seriously out of luck when you need to borrow $20 for a payday or two.

So I took an extended break from this, and in the process lost both my user name and password for this account. But luckily the Web leaves magic beans all over the place, pebbles along the road for those who lose their way (I know that's two different fairly tales, but fuck it...it is too early in the morning for some kind of proper simile or metaphor or whatever it is). So I managed to reacquire the right to be a jackass in this space, thanks to a little Internet hocus-pocus. For better or worse.

This probably doesn't qualify as a "real" post. It's more serving notice that yes, I do want to invite myself back into your hard drives (you know what I mean...stop it) or whatever it is, and yes, I do feel refreshed, and no, in the interim I was not bitten by any poisonous spiders or anything.

So right now I have to go to a goodbye party. I don't like goodbye parties, but if you know someone who is leaving (in this case, she left weeks ago) and you don't go to their goodbye party you are a social retard at best and the world's biggest asshole (temporarily) at worst. So I have to go for now. See you soon.


PS: The title of this post is taken from what was my favorite joke from age 8 to about age 13. Then I discovered girls and forgot about jokes. It's pointless to tell you the joke now because the title of this post is the punchline. Sorry I ruined it for you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ter said...

Well, good thing I keep bookmarks and check in on them every so often.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you're back. And I love fairly tales.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Ter said...

I think that friend that said don't blog so much was wrong.

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's what you're trying to tell me, Ryan?
hydrocodone order

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home